[Cob] cob in vancouver........testing possibilities & critical mass

otherfish otherfish at comcast.net
Fri Feb 27 12:50:36 CST 2004

Ian,
Otherfish (john fordice) here.

Good to hear of your potential testing progress in BC !!!

Sounds like the concept of critical mass is real.

The testing program I've been proposing since 1997 has been languishing for
lack of funding.  Just recently I've been working with Adam Perry & Kelly
Allen in getting it moving again.  We are in initial planning stages.  We
had discussions just this week with Fred Webster in how best to design the
actual testing.  Currently it's looking like 3 each of initial compression &
rupture tests of between 4-6 specific mix samples & this to be followed by 3
shear strenght tests of 4' square wall panels of the same 4-6 different
mixes.  We're currently working to develope a budget for this.  We'd
intended to do this at the UC EERC in Richmond ( which is near Berkeley ),
but are not wedded to this location.  I'm wondering if there is a way we
might colloborate our efforts ?

Please contact me so that we might discuss this further.

Best
john fordice