[Cob] cob black asphalt horse fence

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 18 07:15:03 CDT 2004

I think it's just asphalt and mineral spirits.  (If I went down to the barn
and looked at the bucket it would be so covered with black I couldn't tell a
brand!).  There's a slow wear-off.  Sometimes it bubbles (but another coat
dissolves the bubbles), never quite dries on some surfaces--e.g. electrical
wire.

Neighbor here says that the idea changed horse country in Kentucky from a
place with white board fences to a place with black board fences.  Maybe to
prevent carpenter bees?  (now they're using plastic fences--I may put a
picture up of some stuff that is the world's ugliest fence)

And it's CHEAP!  I got it first because it sounded like it might be
relatively benign, as paints go--I'm quite sensitive to some.  It does say
horse--maybe equine--fences.

(application to cob or other natural building--if it prevents carpenter bees
from putting holes in your nice round wood rafters and purlins! it looks
pretty good, inexpensive, easy to put on almost any way you want to put
paint on.)
Hi, A- is there a brand name specific for fences???  can you tell me, or
what the
formulation is , I get Black Jack fiberd AE here, (  mix is: AE-water-
bentonite clay and
fibers)  and I like it...use it straight for paint on old punk wood instead
of regualr
primer, so far so good on the wearability...! ( a propfessional paint job
with tintied
primer and top quality Benjamin Moore is chipping off alread--3 years old
only...but t my
recipe with the AE is great..it all sticks

Charmaine

Lose those love handles! MSN Fitness shows you two moves to slim your waist.
http://fitness.msn.com/articles/feeds/article.aspx?dept=exercise&article=et_pv_030104_lovehandles