[Cob] (no subject)

dorethy at juno.com dorethy at juno.com
Mon Apr 26 23:03:18 CDT 2004

Part of the cob workshop I missed out on because of illness was the part about plasters.  Very soon I will need to know what ingredients I need to plaster my cob house, and so must begin experimenting.  Does anyone have hints or shortcuts to help me eliminate the options that obviously won't work, to make my determinations?  Please don't tell me to read another book.  So many books have so many different ideas--some say 3 layers, others say 4 to 6 or even more, and I'm confused.  Maybe there aren't any shortcuts and I must put down enough base coat test patches to test all the possible second and third layers--this could be about 10 to the third power--I don't think my little storage shed has enough space for that many test patches, or else I'll be finished then and it will look like a patchwork quilt and I'll just give up and let it BE THAT.

help?

Dorethy

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!