[Cob] tree poles for cold climate insulation

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Tue May 4 18:31:00 CDT 2004

not a bad idea, no cold-conducting metal inside the building, I had thought
about it as I wrote that.  How are you seeing the pegs?  As hand carved the
way a Windsor Chair back is carved, just whittled or with a spoke-shave,
store-bought dowels, or turned by us on a lathe?  The last might take the
most skill, least time.  Wouldn't have to be motorized or even very big for
a lathe.

"pheadoux" wrote:
why not wood pegs instead of screws?
   Landscape
   screws are pretty expensive, but they come in lengths between 4" and 12"
   long.  They also put a metal, cold-conducting bridge into your walls, as
   does rebar.

Getting married? Find tips, tools and the latest trends at MSN Life Events.
http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=married