[Cob] Permits a new a nonprofit corp., The Resourcery

Lee Shultz lee.shultz at westrimcrafts.com
Wed May 19 19:11:07 CDT 2004

Hi, all.

I recently (March 2004) attended a Cob Cottage Co cob basics workshop. One of the other attendees wants me to pass the following of her emails along. They are about getting permits for building with cob, and a new non-profit corporation she just created called The Resourcery. She is in Seattle. Her emails follow.

Cheers,

Beverly Shultz

hi cobbers.

i returned from the workshop to find a big fat note from
the county inspector requiring me to get a building permit for my
cob/straw bale structure so i am off learning about permits before i even
moved back home :)  the official i am working with is putting me through
the hoops and i will know more than i care to about permits by the time
i am finished.  i'll keep you posted and we'll learn the short cuts so
we can finally get these lovely structures legal and into the
mainstream.

cobbin' for change,

cate

Cobbers,

I am working with my building inspector to use the
International Building Code that becomes law of the land in July of 2004.  I have
found a physicist that will give good reports about the load bearing
and sheer factors of cob.  I have started a nonprofit corp., The
Resourcery, and would like your help in getting the word out that I want to
help folks get permits under this new section.  I'll keep you posted.

Cate