[Cob] back at Marlin

Marlin lightearth at onebox.com
Sun May 30 09:16:00 CDT 2004

Ours (the fired clay) was called "Grog" and came in different grits so that it was like sand or almost powdered.

I agree with Charmaine that you'd want the finer to react more with the Lime. I don't know what "Kiln Wash" is exactly but it sounds like some sort of lime mix and something that would be good to try (if it's safe and reasonably environmentally friendly) in a bread oven as I've seen some degradation from just straight Cob inside their fireboxes...

BEst,

Marlin

           info at outtathebox.org
           www.outtathebox.org
"There are solutions to the major problems of our time, some of them even simple. But they require a radical shift in our perceptions, our thinking, and our values."
   - [Fritjof Capra]