[Cob] codes-and builders

Ingrid Martin ingrid at vfemail.net
Fri Jul 23 15:54:24 CDT 2004

Hi everyone,

I'm new to cob building and posting here so hello everyone!

 My boyfriend and I are taking the 7 day cob workshop (our first) in a
couple days (July 25-31) in Coquille, OR and we'd like to start building
next year.  This thread had a lively (and informative) discussion on
building strawbale insulation covered by cob. Can anyone direct me to
the post that talks about this type of building in detail, or a website
where I can get more information? Apologies if this has been covered -
the topic caught my attention. I feel very cmmitted to cob walls, but
like the idea of strawbale insulation.

Also, does anyone have good resources on designing your cob home? I've
been sketching obsessively, and would love to be inspired by some great
homes.  There are some beautiful homes that I've found on the internet,
just curious if anyone wanted to share their photos or links to their
favorite cob houses.

Thanks everyone and happy cobbing:)
Ingrid