[Cob] anybody need free labor?

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Wed Aug 11 19:14:04 CDT 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, kate samson wrote:

> Where are all of the moneyless opportunities to trade free labor for
> cob building experience? I would love to help someone and have a serious
> interest, but all I have right now is time and no money. Is there any
> one near the Columbia Gorge who is building with cob and needs help?
> Thanks, Kate

Well, it depends on what your definition of "near" is, I'm located near
Corvallis, Oregon.  I am currently building a cob workshop, and if
time/weather permits, will be doing a floor, some plasters, and a small
bale building.  I could definitely keep a few people busy if anyone is
interested in free, hands on experience, I can't say what the quality of
the learning experience will be like since I don't teach workshops and
haven't (so far) brought in outside help , nothing against having
help, my schedule didn't allow for much long term planning.  I have done
some public demonstrations of cob and have quite a bit of experience with
cob as well as a number of other techniques, so you should learn something
:-)

If anyone is interested, please contact me off list.