Hotmail (was Re: [Cob] waste)

jill umphlett jmu0119 at cox.net
Wed Aug 18 09:38:49 CDT 2004

Just thought I'd mention, for all the folks using hotmail out there:
There's a program, HotPopper, that will allow you to download your
hotmail messages to a "regular" email client. It can be a bit slow, but
(to me, anyway) it was better than doing mail through the hotmail site.
(I don't use hotmail anymore, so it's been a while since I used
HotPopper (and hotwayd for Linux). I can't remember if it left messages
on the hotmail server or not. I don't think it did.)

You can read about it here:
http://popfile.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HotPopper

The link to the download page is at the bottom.

Take care,
-jill

[...]