[Cob] Paper cob...

yewberry at wavecable.com yewberry at wavecable.com
Mon Oct 25 16:21:11 CDT 2004

I've been having some fun recently playing around with
paper cob (shredded paper instead of straw).  I've tried
pre-soaking the paper and adding the "mush" in lieu of
water.  I've also tried adding it the same way as straw.
 The resulting test bricks seem very hard and strong (at
least as strong as the wheat straw cob I've made) and are
almost completely crack-free.  Paper is also much easier
and infinitely more fun to work with than straw.

If I were to use paper cob for building, however, I'd be
concerned about its tensile strength.  Any thoughts?
 Could paper cob be a viable alternative to straw cob?

Brina