[Cob] Earth floors

Raduazo at aol.com Raduazo at aol.com
Fri Dec 10 06:55:01 CST 2004

In a message dated 12/9/2004 11:25:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
webmaster at globalcircle.net writes:
Missed the point of screening the clay. What does that do? How does any form
of clay make a suitable floor finish?
    Finely screened clay gives me the finished appearance that I want and I
was afraid that the lumps of clay and stone would roll under the trowel when I
try to trowel it smooth. I had this rolling problem when I did my wall finish
and I presumed that it would apply to floors even though I am applying a much
thicker layer to the floor. Has anyone done an earth floor without screening
clay in the finish layer?
Ed