[Cob] Earth floors

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 10 08:16:01 CST 2004

Works for me.

But does that mean that we could have left in 3/4 inch rocks since the floor
was over an inch thick?
:-)

The nice float finish really does bring smooth stuff up to the top (I think
it's sometimes called cream, either as verb or noun), although (from
experience, darn it) overworking a concrete wall will cause cracks.  I think
floors are easier, gravity is working with us, and earthen may be more
forgiving anyway.
Ed replied to me (snipped):

I may also decide to quit at the 1/4 inch screen stage. If the finish is
1/2 inch thick the 1/4 inch rocks should not be a problem. At least that is
theory.