[Cob] Monday, Dec. 20: Ahimsa Cobber's Reunion & Solstice Sweat Lodge!

ocean ocean at woodfiredeatery.com
Thu Dec 16 17:02:44 CST 2004

Cobber's Reunion & Solstice Sweat Lodge!
Monday, December 20, 2004. 10am - 8pm
at Ahimsa Sanctuary on the Mary's Peak watershed

Hi All!

Yes, winter is here, it's cold, but not cold enough so we can't put a
little more plaster on the Kiva!  We'll be plastering from 10am until
the light dims too much to see what we're doing (around 4-5pm?)  Bring
WARM clothes, boots, rubber-tipped cloth gloves, a potluck lunch &
snacks for after the sweat.  We'll have a roaring fire inside the Kiva
as a warming space for cold toes and fingers.

And now for something completely differing, Ahimsa's sweatlodge...After
getting really cold, we'll get really HOT!!  Ocean will lead the ritual
starting at 6pm sharp, with winter blessings & prayers, songs and
chants.  Please bring your solstice prayers and wishes, any ritual
songs or chants you know, plus a towel and water bottle.  The lodge
will be held in Ahimsa's sauna, with a cold plunge just outside the
door (which feels much better than it sounds after the fourth round!)
Donations of firewood or Corvallis HOURS are greatly appreciated!

Please RSVP if you will attend the whole day, or just the plastering
party or sweat lodge.  Call Ocean at 929-7564.  Directions provided
upon request, but carpooling is mandatory, since we have very little
parking.

Winter blessings,
Ocean
Steward of Ahimsa Sanctuary