[Cob] Recording Studio

Patrick Newberry PNewberry at HFHI.org
Tue Dec 21 08:34:40 CST 2004

I think the shape of the building has quite a bit to do with it as well.
I have a dome with earth / cob walls coated with lime. Mucic sounds
great in it. It does have a cement cap on the top part of the dome which
may add to the equation. But it's a great place to play a guitar etc.
Thus it seems the round shape helps with the sound.

Pat
www.gypsyfarm.com

<snip>
Hey, Todd.

Cob absorbs sound quite a lot and that may deaden the sound more than
you may want. Being a part-time musician and having a little experience
in recording, my advice would be to find a cob cottage, and do a
recording session in it, or at least play some music in it to see how it
sounds.

Have fun,

Bev

</snip>