[Cob] Wood Heat Question

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 1 09:12:48 CST 2005

There are always kerosene and those tiny "Mr. Buddy" propane heaters (run
off a grill gas bottle that's set outside if possible, hose coming into the
house).  I've used both in houses and may be the only person who actually
likes kerosene (the instructions that came with my first heater said that
one needed to let the fuel run out to "clean" the wick, and keep the fire as
hot as possible--good strategies that minimize odor).

But for some reason I've been turning up the wood-stoves intended for TENTS
lately.  Four or five inch stovepipe on the ones in the first link.  Not
inexpensive, or, I suspect, cheap.  Inexpensive does describe the second
one, but maybe not cheap--it looks pretty good.  He ended up with 6-inch
stove pipe, by the way.

http://www.cylinderstoves.com/

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/matthews78.html

Pack wrote (snipped):

I've done a little research on the internet looking for small wood burning
stoves with a small chimney (3").  Something like a  stove ice fishermen use
to keep warm.  My "abode" is only 78 sq. ft.  Does anyone have experience,
or ideas, on how to warm a small space without overheating it?  What
type/brand stove are y'all using for heat this winter that might be close to
what I'm looking for? I want to use wood for my heating needs if possible.
thanks for the many times this list has come thru for me....pack