[Cob] winter cooking

Copper Harding copperharding at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 20:44:39 CST 2005

Has anyone used their cob oven after it's gotten down
to -10 C?  Right now mine is not being used but there
are people who want a demo.  I'd have to dig quite a
path to it and fire it up.  I'm a bit worried about
cracking and what the heating/cooling process might do
to it.  Or even if I could get it "up to temp." for
baking when it's this cold out.   It has a roof over
it - but no walls and then a tarp over the oven proper
as we've got ourselves a nice snowy winter here.

Thanks to anyone with actual experience that can share
the results and problems...??

Best,

Copper

=====
Ms. Copper Harding

If you can walk, you can dance
If you can talk, you can sing  --- from Zimbabwe

When you're out of balance
  gravity tends to get you down. -L.L. Harding