[Cob] Where is easiest place for building codes in Appalachian Mtn range

Deborah Denmark ddenmark at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 9 12:47:14 CST 2005

Hi all,
I am considering selling our land in Jackson County, NC to relocate for reasons unrelated to building codes.

I would want to purchase land along the Appalachian Mtn. range.  Any where along the range from Georgia to Maine.

My question is
Where is the best place as far as building codes/permits are concerned.  I would want to stay in the mountains and would like to have as little building code interference as possible in order to make building with cob a much simpler process.

Or, I would want open minded inspectors that are up for allowing cob construction or experimental construction.

Any cob list folks in the Appalachian mountain range please respond.  Let me know how things are in your area as far as building codes and/or building inspectors mindsets.

I know there is one person somewhere in Georgia mountains.  It would be good to hear from you.

How about others out there in the hills???

I have not decided for sure to actually move but the more info I can gather, the easier my decision will be.

Thanks so much,
Deborah Denmark
Cullowhee, NC