[Cob] my 2 cents on the cob bathtub: 100 gallon mini-tsunami

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 27 06:20:28 CST 2005

Right.  And I agree with you that cast iron is a proper bathtub material.
(if you wanted to be all natural, a big block of soapstone carved into
bathtub shape might work!)  All I meant was that if you COULD make a cob
bathtub, then suddenly cob walls MIGHT be acceptable to the people who think
that mud is not a reasonable building material to do ANYTHING with.

That's why I put it as the LESS acceptable reason why we kept insisting on
cob bathtubs.
Ocean wrote, correctly (snipped):

Wrong, the 600-700 years of cob building experience has only proven that cob
walls are excellent at resisting blown rain, with a good coat of lime.
Standing water on flat surfaces or pooled in a tub is a very different
thing.  I don't recall seeing 600 year old cob bathtubs anywhere in the
literature or vernacular :-)