[Cob] pipes

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 27 23:13:17 CDT 2005

Pex, I expect.  suitable for hot and cold water, potable and the hydronic
systems.  Easy to work with, very freeze resistant.  Not made in big enough
sizes for drains.  The big box stores tend to have it in small house
standard plumbing quantities--not the hydronic floor ones.

http://www.ppfahome.org/pex/faqpex.html

And yep, I agree on that house!

Some of Charmaine Taylor's neighbors in Eureka make gabions.  There are
welded wire types and twisted wire types, both will tell you that they make
the best.  These are the welded wire ones.  Artweld or the Gabion Faced MSE.

http://www.hilfiker.com/

Judith Williams wrote (snipped):

I'm at the point where I need to think about roughing in my plumbing. I
remember reading in one of my books that there's a plastic pipe that's
actually not toxic. I had thought about copper but think the soldering etc
might be beyond my ability and take too much time to learn. So does anyone
have any suggestions? I'm looking forward to doing my own plumbing after
years of believeing it was some sort of magical, impossible thing that only
trained people who charge a fortune could do.

Also a comment on Mr Lehman's house: fantastic job. I'm forwarding it to my
sister who is planning a straw bale house. I've been so in to cob houses
that I've been thinking "small" but you've really got a castle there! I'll
try to remember that as I'm cobbing my little abode.

The gabions? I've seen them but never had the imagination to use them as a
foundation. I wonder where one would get them.