[Cob] great article!!

billc_lists at greenbuilder.com billc_lists at greenbuilder.com
Thu Jul 14 22:45:52 CDT 2005

At 5:57 PM -0500 7/14/05, Quinn wrote:
>Copper,
>
>I'd like to read that article, but I don't want to have to register
>for another site where I'll be getting mail from.  Any chance you
>could post it?

Someone put it up at the SB-R-Us list at Yahoo in pdf form.  Let me
know if you can't get to it and I'll send it to you.

>However, I'd use a natural material (hemp?) not polypropylene or
>whatever for this reason:  have you ever encountered a plastic bag
>stuck in dried mud?  When you pick it up the mud pretty much peels
>right off-- it doesn't attach to the plastic.
>
>Now, what about a natural material like a jute rope?  [I guess I've
>spent a lot of time picking up litter!  : )  ]  If you try to pull a
>jute rope out of mud it really sticks.  All the little fibers and
>'hairs' attract the mud and adhere to it.  Much better than plastic.
>And, embedded, I wouldn't worry too much about decay.

I like the idea myself, and can't really come up with any down side,
other than the fact that it's harder on the hands when you're tying
it off.

--
Bill Christensen
<http://greenbuilder.com/contact/>