[Cob] Tires For a Foundation?

beno beno at web.vi
Fri Sep 16 19:06:58 CDT 2005

The whole reason for doing this would be to stabilize the foundation. I
envision them as big flat boulders. Now, if I somehow attached those
tires together in a ring and to tires within the circle, all stuffed and
tamped with caliche gravel, as in my diagram, then I believe it would be
very stable. But that's the opinion of someone who's never done it ;)
Which is why I solicit yours :))
As far as my climate, I live in the Dominican Republic, so I'm not too
worried about freezing <g>. It's not tropical but close to tropical
where I live.
beno