[Cob] The best roofing?

Rodger Chenoweth rodger at nelsonbuddha.com
Mon Nov 7 19:14:39 CST 2005

Greetings everyone,
I'm new to this world of sustainable building, and new to the love I
have for it.
In my mind's natural building wanderings, I'm always up against the
ROOF.  Foundations seem like they've been tried and tried again until
tried true... but I haven't come across a cheap, natural roof that
feels trustworthy.  I feel hesitant to put just a thin layer of
plastic in a living roof between me and the elements... although a
living roof seems the best.  One hole... and it's all over.
Could you share with me your preferred roofing ideas?  And comment on
living roof proofing?
Many thanks, I look forward to your ideas,
Cheers
Rodger