[Cob] Insulation thermostat PEX

Shody Ryon qi4u at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 22:20:02 CST 2006

I like versatility and the thermostat controlled
insulation idea. Insulation = dead air. Double walls
with dead air between them. Insulated vents that open
or close in the outer (?) wall that are controlled by
thermostat. Don’t think it would work, but not sure
why.

I might spring for PEX tubing radiant heat (and
cooling) and embed it in floors, walls and ceiling for
year round temperature control. If I can’t afford PEX
perhaps HDPE pipes or even poly tubing for irrigation.
Has anyone herd of this in a cob structure? I really
like warm floors and cool everything else, even in the
Tropics. would like to build in Northern California.

Shody