[Cob] roof first, roof second...posts?

jane at kirstinelund.dk jane at kirstinelund.dk
Mon Jan 8 13:36:14 CST 2007

In our house the poles are a necessary part of the structure because we
are doing double walls with insulation in between. This means thinner
walls (one is appr. 30 cm, the other 20 cm), and according to the only
eco-builders here in Denmark with cob experience (forefore us) we would
need the posts to ensure stability. The poles are buired 1/3 in the cob,
and the cob is connected to the poles with lots of nails and screws

Jane