[Cob] Lime putty on cob and adobe.

Ron Becker ron45 at tularosa.net
Mon Feb 12 13:23:20 CST 2007

Hello Shody, thanks for the responce. In a workshop I attended put on
by Carole Crews in Toas we put the lime and cob mix right on the wall.
It set up nicely but the cob allowed us to put it on a little too thick
and we got some cracking. But I see your point about the ph thing where
acid soils are concerned. In the southwest the soil if often pretty
alkaline. So it wasn't much of an issure I guess. But we did discuss
adding cob or adobe mud to the first coat to help with adhesion. We
also added paper pulp. The combination of cob and pulp made the lime
very buttery feeling under the trowel and it adhered well.

Those who question global warming have a financial or emotional
interest in the status quo.