[Cob] cob and The Code

Sabrina Free sabrinafree at gmail.com
Thu May 3 13:14:30 CDT 2007

Mostly lurker here with my two cents.
I just rented a cottage on a river.  It is currently not legal to live in as
the plumbing has not been turned on, and it has not been inspected by the
township code people.
My daughter, who lives in the Dominican Republic, is visiting me.  She was
telling her boyfriend who is from Nicaragua (and has no desire to even visit
the US) about the situation.  He wondered why we didn't just go down in the
well and turn on the water ourselves.  (This might actually happen if the
plumber does not show up in the next 24 hours.)  I heard her tell him that
"In the states they have a bunch of laws about your house and you can't just
do what you want even though it is your own house."
One more strike against the US in his book.  I might never see my
grandchildren unless I move to the D.R.
Another plus... could build whatever I wanted without anyone bothering me.
Sabrina Free