[Cob] interior finish - limewash

pirate king pirateking at lesspress.com
Tue Jun 19 05:24:50 CDT 2007

Hi,

Thanks everyone for your suggestions about the exterior flooring
problem. I plan to experiment with hydrate lime and see how it goes. We
can't get psyllium over here.

Another question! We are finishing the interior of our cabin with
limewash (approx 4 lime putty - 1 casein from off milk - 5 water) over a
lime plaster. Trouble is, it doesn't seem like a very practical finish -
it dusts (a bit) and it's impossible to clean - muddy fingerprints etc.
just smear when you try and rub them off. Is this some problem with our
mix or our application method - maybe the limewash hasn't set properly?

Thanks!

Robert
www.lesspress.com