[Cob] Easiest way to install a plate window?

Dulane silkworm at spiderhollow.com
Thu Jul 5 17:51:16 CDT 2007

I have two beautiful glass plates I want to use for a window. I've used a
couple of colored glasses made into sealed tubes so far...with good outcome,
but I'm unsure how to approach the plates.

They are both carnival type glass, and one is blue, one is clear. I envision
just cobbing the larger one in first, and then gradually trying to smooth
the inside of the cob and clean up everything while I try to get the second
smaller window embedded on the inside.

I haven't figured out how to make a semi-permanent tube for my 2-plate
window.

Anyone have any suggestions? It seems like it should be a two step
process...with the inner part of the window 'tube' being allowed to dry
somewhat first. (I'm doing the 2 plates for the insulative factor.)

Thanks!
Dulane

"If man makes it, don't eat it."
Jack La Lanne