[Cob] self-building - ovens vs. dwellings - SEE ORIGINAL POSTSBELOW

paul dotpaul at paulleblanc.net
Sun Jul 15 18:45:49 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ocean Liff-Anderson" <ocean at woodfiredeatery.com>
To: <coblist at deatech.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2007 5:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Cob] self-building - ovens vs. dwellings - SEE ORIGINAL
POSTSBELOW

> However, the coblist is prone to off-the-cuff comments and heresay
> speculation, grounded more in cyberspace than on the real, solid ground!
>
> The recent post pondering "why cob contains straw" is just the icing
> on the cake.

Ocean, I am putting in a bid to build the new World Trade Complex with cob
but was considering leaving out the straw to save a buck.  Do you think it
will stand if they hit it with a mini-nuke again?

And is it OK to do the mixture with sewage?  I like the idea of using local
materials whenever possible.