[Cob] self-building - ovens vs. dwellings - SEE ORIGINALPOSTSBELOW

Yun Que yunk88 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 16 09:53:34 CDT 2007

   Cat here!  That was funny made me laugh.  Nothing like humor to clear
   the air of fear.

    Speaking of fear it's a great deterrent.  the media ,government
   religions have been using it for centuries!  Keeps the mob in line
   running on the wheels they provide and feeling good about themselves.
   They pass the fear on like an infection and control is accomplished!

   When I was a wee one in Ohio, I made some mud-men on the front porch.
   As my project developed I noticed that the mud-people cracked up when
   they didn't "feel right" and the ones that "felt right" didn't crack
   as they dried and were impossible to break up, as my mother will be
   witness to.

   i was a child with no information but my ability to observe what i was
   doing with complete purpose and without criticism.  Within the limits
   of my interest I learned what worked and what didn't.  Why, became
   superfluous.  the best of life's little issues are more often than not
   answered by the simplicity of natural exploration.

   Why did the igloo of snow that winter stay happily over our heads?
   Haven't a clue?  maybe it was because we didn't have a bunch of scared
   grown ups telling us all the things that could happen if we didn't
   make it according to code.  We did have neighbors that watched us
   play.  And I am sure if the dome had collapsed on our little heads the
   cavalry would have dug us out and we would have enjoyed the excitement
   again over hot chocolate and buttered toast.

   If your afraid, be afraid but don't try to pass it on.  Start small,
   Until you can feel your fear disappear with your intuition
   and wisdom.  Build a tool shed, or a tea house, play!!! no one is
   afraid to play!

   So in short have fun with the mud just quit throwing shit....straw
   dries the clay a bit and acts as a binder, hemp stalk, or maybe rag
   strips could do the same??  I don't know haven't used that. avoid
   anything that has seeds.  they will take root and grow.

   Life is like that whatever you plant grows.  nuff said!

   for the good of all C.