[Cob] Vertical Axis Cement Mixer and Cob

Owen Morgan - cobbuildersforum.com cob at fdwsnetworks.com
Tue Jul 31 07:52:52 CDT 2007

Howdy,

I have been itching to post this for some time but haven't had the chance.

I was curious if anyone has attempted to mix cob in a vertical axis cement mixer? I saw this displayed with the creation of limecrete and got to thinking that it might be rather useful for cob. I know that with the other horizontal/traditional cement mixer you have to add a lot more water to the mixture to get the right consistancy, but with the vertical mixer it peaked my curiousity.

The one that I saw was similar to this http://www.sgconsulting.co.za/Products/Mixing%20principle/Vertical.jpg but it would dump the product out through a hole in the bottom. I can't seem to find a good picture of one, but I thought I would post it to see if anyone has considered this or attempted this?

Thanks,
Owen - www.cobbuildersforum.com