[Cob] Seattle Area Cottage Update

Dulane silkworm at spiderhollow.com
Mon Sep 24 11:41:49 CDT 2007

Here's an update of my cottage, photo links below.

We're working under a tarp, because the weather has changed. Sure slows down
the drying time!

I'm switching to a cordwood design after I get over the door and window
lintels and get the loft beams in. Gotta get this done before the hard
freezes! Yikes.

I've heard that cordwood dries faster than straight cob. My wood came from
last year's wind storm, and is almost dry...but I'm just getting it peeled
now.

Any input on drying time for cordwood vs cob?

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s143/Dulanec/?action=view&current=Tarp1.jpg

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s143/Dulanec/?action=view&current=Sun.jpg

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s143/Dulanec/?action=view&current=Sunflower.jpg

"If man makes it, don't eat it."