[Cob] Earth Bag Construction

Shody Ryon qi4u at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 17:37:15 CST 2009

I do not know where to find this information. I know that straight walls are avoided by some that build with this system. It is a heavy system and a lot weaker than concrete, so if it falls it could injure or kill. Imagine building a wall of sand bags, long straight, narrow and tall. On the surface it doesn't sound like a good idea. If I were to undertake such a task, I would make it very thick compared with how high it was, thus sheer specs would be radically different than thin walls. You are probably asking for numbers ... I think a house is being built to code in BC canada, you could search for that here, as well as for new zeland on this list which may have contacts for numbers for cob. I guess that will be different than for earth bag.
Shody