[Cob] next floor idea - peanuts (Dulane)

Monica Proulx mon.pro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 14:37:20 CST 2009

Why couldn't you mix perlite or vermiculite with the cob (not sure which,
but the one that is puffed up pumice, very light) in an under layer, and
then finish off with a layer of straight cob?  (We got some to put in an
oven layer but then decided to build without it, can't remember why.  But I
have heard of people using it to insulate in cob ovens.)  What I'm talking
about the the small puffy stuff they use in potting soil, you would still
have plenty of soil for structure and might have less of a problem with
compression.