[Cob] Burnishing oil barrels

Doug Shaker doug at theshakers.org
Wed Mar 25 12:06:02 CDT 2009

At 06:21 AM 3/25/2009, Susan Hagan wrote:
>I have just burned the paint off 3 old barrels for my rocket
>stove.  Does anyone know how I can burnish them?  I am in the
>process of giving then their first sanding now,

If I was doing this, I would get out my big electric drill (not the
cordless one) and put a wire wheel on it and start with that.  Then
I would probably go to a sandpaper attachment of some kind, then cloth
buffing wheels with some kind of buffing compound.  However, truthfully,
I would probably stop after the wire wheel since I wouldn't really want
to get it too shiny and the wire wheel would probably be enough for my
tastes.

  - Doug "Anonymous" Shaker