[Cob] building a cob house in MS

Bill Christensen billc_lists at greenbuilder.com
Fri Mar 27 22:35:55 CDT 2009

At 5:37 PM +0000 3/27/09, dotport at juno.com wrote:
>Hi, I'm Dottie Porter, a 71 year old, who has been given some land
>on the prairie, near woods, on which to build a house. I'm very
>interested in cob, and attended an 8 day cob workshop in TX in
>November,2008, with Craig Sommers and Christina Ott. I learned that
>I could throw/mix/sew cob by myself. I would like to build a cob
>house, but would need some help. Does anyone know anyone else in the
>area of Columbus MS (far eastern edge of MS state, near Meridian,
>Tupelo, Starkville) who is building of cob, or who comes this way
>any time of the year? Thanks for your reply. Sincerely, Dottie Porter

Hi Dottie,

We run a networking email group called Willing Workers in Appropriate
Technology at <http://greenbuilder.com/mailman/listinfo/wwat/>.

The idea is that those who have projects that need workers connect
with workers who are looking for projects to work on.  Generally
there's an exchange of things like food, lodging/camping, knowledge,
work and/or sometimes some money, but the details of all that are up
to you to work out between you.

Now is a great time to post to the group, as there are a lot of
students available during the summer and the smart ones are planning
ahead now.

Best of luck with your house!

--
Bill Christensen