[Cob] Cobbers get dibs on our house for sale in Corvallis, OR

Tim Nam tkn317071 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 29 15:29:17 CDT 2009

Hi Cobbers,

We're putting our house for sale because we're moving to Michigan.  As a proponent of cob myself and having a project ongoing, I want to give you guys first dibs on an opportunity to finish what I started.

The existing house is an 800 ft^2, 2 bed 1 bath with large detached garage sitting on 0.25 acre in Corvallis, close to schools, OSU and Reser Stadium, and bike path. Over the years, we built a strawbale garden wall in the backyard and put a new metal roof on the house.  We 've kept the grounds organic, not adding any chemical fertilizers or herbicides/pesticides, and planted many cool plants including many edible herbs. We've had a veggie garden since we moved here.  There are walnuts, cherries (pie and bing), apples and blackberries (of course). New appliances inside include the kitchen stove (electric) and a wood stove.

Also in the backyard is the start of a small ~200 sqft structure. It was intended to be walled up with cob but strawbale would work also, as the existing roof is already supported on wooden posts, anchored to the urbanite stemwall/rubble trench foundation.  Much of the material is already on site, including soil (obviously), straw, some sand, windows and some lumber.  I've gathered some materials for a rocket stove as well as for rain water catchment.

Our ideal scenario would be to turn this lot over to someone who loves cob and basically, wouldn't mind the mess of a project started and not yet finished.  So if this interests you, please email me and I will be happy to provide more info.  Or if you know someone who might be interested, please pass this along.

thanks,

Tim Kijoo Nam
Corvallis, OR
tkn317071 at yahoo.com