[Cob] Elephants use mud for sun protection

Ray Cirino cobanation at yahoo.com
Fri May 15 00:09:25 CDT 2009

I just met with my neighbors who attended our green garden tour last month. I gave them
another mini tour of our rapidly growing  food forest. We walked over to our composting cob toilet out house where they saw I had been working on the wall. We talked about clay and the lady Prisca asked me what was on my face and I said,"I use clay as sun block and also to stop any spots from marking my face." I happen to belief it stops cancer inside and out the body. If you live in a cob house all the better. So Prisca from Switzerland said," Elephants use mud as a sun protection," which made me think that humans have the most sensitive skin and we use all kinds of other blocks that now are considered questionable. She also said typical soaps was away our natural skin made sun block when we wash and we may be washing away even more helpful minerals in our super sterile society.
 The idea is for all of us to use clay as sun block and start our cob sunblock revolution. Just tell them elephants use mud for sunblock.
Ray