[Cob] plastic jugs in walls?

john fordice otherfish at comcast.net
Thu Dec 10 21:27:29 CST 2009

Ed,
Based on historic seismic survival of adobe buildings, and some
research that was also done for adobe,  a wall height to thickness
ratio of 7 to 1 has good seismic survival capacity.  In the absence
of similar tested data for cob, I use this ratio when designing and
building cob walls.  At 7" thick, this would give a height limit of
7x7 = 49".  What is the height of the walls you are describing?
john fordice