[Cob] Engineered Cob House Plans

Janet Standeford janet.standeford at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 23:34:23 CST 2010

Hi there,
Boy, everyone seems to have disappeared for the Winter!
Moving along here. I spoke with the Civil Engineer who created my plans
and he is willing to sell the identical set for $400 provided your
jurisdiction allows the same type of building. TIP: If your area has
code for adobe you have a better chance. Anyway, he is emailing me the
plans so I can put a picture or two up to see if you are interested.
This plan is very much conducive to modular building with a split roof
after just one addition to the front. The split has a row of windows.

The way I see it, if we comply with codes that are in existence and
build somewhat conventional linear homes for the present, we open the
way for expansion of code and less traditional shapes later!

We have several objectives. Ambiance, Cost & Freedom to build
non-traditionally.

The ambiance is still there with modifications, I won't owe my soul to
the bank and I have started the process toward being free to build
non-traditionally, not just for myself but for countless others who
cannot afford homes that are stick built.

Oh, and we help the environment:>)