[Cob] Coblist Kahuna - Off Topic - 45 watt solar panel

Shannon Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Tue Oct 12 12:35:54 CDT 2010

I am sending my response to the list so that everyone can better
understand why I limit posting topics.  If you wish to comment or discuss
it further, please email me privately, not the list.

> Respectively, I am new to the list and appreciate the discussion of the
> panels. I see the discussion as directly relevant to building our cob
> dream homes - we have to live somewhere as we construct. Susan

I understand your interest, but if an email list does not maintain it's
focus, it loses it's most valuable contributors due to the mass of email
that is generated.  You are interested in solar, others are interested in
composting toilets, environmental politics, super insulated ferro cement,
etc.  The point is that there is an unending stream of almost related
topics which can swell the email traffic to 100 messages a day or more,
at which point, the people who are out there actually doing these things
simply have no time to read it and leave, so there is no one left to
answer your cob questions that actually has experience.  I have seen this
happen on other lists.  The only solution to this problem is for people to
subscribe to topic specific lists for each topic they are interested in.

Phone: (800) 467-5820 |          - Natural Building Instruction -