[Cob] Cob on a reciprocal roof

Jill Hogan jill.hogan at mat.org.za
Fri Jul 1 09:48:05 CDT 2011

Hi Matt I built my roof of cob and lime rendered it.I live in the Karoo
a semi desert arid area in South Africa and the huge variance of temp
from night and day and summer and winter there is expansion and
contraction so we get cracking. We take our lime render water it down
with prickly pear juice and then use it as a paint once a year before
the rains and it seems to be working. This year we have had unsual
amounts of rain and we have had to do it more regularly, but am still
testing you can see pics of the roof on www.mat.org.za
Regards Jill

--
*Jill Hogan*
McGregor Alternative Technology Centre "MAT"

www.mat.org.za <http://www.mat.org.za>
Phone: 023 625 1533

Signature

"Be the change you wish to see" Mohandas Ghandi

If you do not wish to receive these mails, email us with unsubscribe in
the subject. Thanks