[Cob] Lava Rock

Janet Standeford janet.standeford at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 23:00:50 CDT 2011

I think the important thing here is to get code to recognize thermal
mass of course but until then it behooves us to use what tools we have
and to ensure that we get the effective R value of 19 per 20 inches as
anything less would require 6 foot walls to pass Building Code!

We all know that to put insulation into the cob walls ruins it's ability
to breath properly and messes with the thermal mass so until someone
invests the money to prove thermal mass to the Building Code Creators,
this is the best we have that I know of.