[Cob] Thermal Mass

Janet Standeford janet.standeford at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 23:45:38 CDT 2011

I would have to believe that the stoves and fireplaces there are heating
the walls just as much as the sun when it shines.

Be aware that if I mention the R value of cob I am talking about the effective R value of 19 per 20 inches: This was the result of an energy model done on a house in Arizona. Their building inspector passed the results on to me and my building officials accept those for my house. If anyone would like a copy of the letter, just let me know. This will be my signature from now on to satisfy Shannon.