[Cob] NC cob workshops

michael mcdonough mpmcdono at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 5 23:16:39 CST 2013

Hi Jeff,
Lots of good discussion here the past few days!
You may want to know that Greg Allen and I are offering a series of cob workshops in Chapel Hill this spring. We've been building with cob and natural materials since our cob cottage company apprenticeship in 2008, and have taught a number of different workshops. You can find more info by following the links on my blog post here.
Regarding building with cob and different physical capabilities, I have met a number of cobbers with physical ailments that limited the amount of cob they could lift and carry and have still pursued building projects. Having friends and helpers is certainly helpful, but so is pace and persistence.
Michael McDonough
Durham, NC
http://risingearthbuilding.blogspot.com/