[Cob] Workout and cob inspiration

Shannon Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Mon May 11 06:59:17 CDT 2020

I forgot I was going to mention in my previous message, I have been using this
free full-body home workout I found online which is great for people in
COVID-19 lockdown wanting to get/stay in shape for cobbing season:

     https://youtu.be/vc1E5CfRfos

NOTE: I am not affiliated with them in any way.

It was readily adaptable to work around weak spots and injuries, which I have
quite a few of as I haven't exactly lived a "safe" life and have apparently
I have gotten older :-)

NOTE: none of my injuries are cobbing related :-)

An additional item to inspire you, there are a number of channels on youtube
with names like "primitive building", "survival builder", "jungle survival",
etc. which show one or two people building in the jungle using nothing but
the most basic of tools. These are typically around 20 minutes with everything
from swimming pools and underground houses to elaborate castle like dog houses
with a fish pond. Many of them use a lot of cob type mixes including for
wattle & daub construction, where the daub is nothing more than a wet cob mix.

My reason for pointing this out is that they usually do quite beautiful work
(which always inspires people), many of the projects could be done on a small
scale in a backyard (dog/cat houses) and they make good practice projects for
people just starting out. After seeing some of these I wanted to go outside
immediately and start building something whimsical. Unfortunately, I am
currently in an apartment in the city rather than my place in the USA
so it will have to wait until the travel restrictions are relaxed.

A few warnings about these videos:

    - The underground house stuff they do may be safe in their location
      and soil, but extremely dangerous in yours.

    - Their swimming pools have no water treatment, so they would become
      stagnant mosquito breeding grounds if not designed for more long
      term considerations, or drained on a regular basis.

FWIW.

Shannon C. Dealy               |       DeaTech Research Inc.
dealy at deatech.com              | Biotechnology Development Services
Telephone USA: +1 541-929-4089 |      USA and the Netherlands
Netherlands:   +31 85 208 5570 |          www.deatech.com