[Cob] Coblist Digest, Vol 18, Issue 3

Damon Howell dhowell at pickensprogressonline.com
Thu May 21 13:52:55 CDT 2020

I can share with you a little of what I’ve (not) been doing! Late last fall I started on a rainwater harvesting gravity fed water system. I finished the stone foundation work before the weather turned to freezing. It’s a 6 foot circle about four feet high, and the middle was built the stone all the way through. It’s a solid foundation and overkill but it’s going to support over a ton of water. Now I’m occasionally going out there to cob up the wall. It will be 8 inches thick and about 5 foot tall, with a small door, and a shed roof. I know it’s not proper, but I’m going to make the roof square (yes, on a circular building) so I can attach a good gutter to it. I like the look of a round roof much better, but I just don’t see a good way to attach a gutter. If anyone knows a way besides a drain pipe, let me know.
Damon