Cob: RE: RE: RE: Sealing cement roofs

Darel Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Wed Jan 15 20:31:20 CST 2003

I concur with Ben.  The materials you mention sound harmful to the
nearby environment.  I'd advise finding another way to achieve you
target.

Since I'm not an expert on cement please answer me this.  Why do you
need to waterproof a ferro-cement or other strong fiber-cement such as
burlap fibers or material, and topped off with a cement only top coat.
Isn't cement in and of itself waterproof?

Darel