Cob: light clay infill question

otherfish otherfish at attbi.com
Tue Jan 21 02:04:25 CST 2003

on 1/20/03 9:34 PM, Charmaine at tms at northcoast.com wrote:

> Clay does not harbor mold growth so it would not be a problem as far as I
> know.

Hi Charmaine,
It's been a while since I've posted instead of just "a lurkin' ", but I want
to chime in here.  I had a conversation recently with a prospective cobber
in your area & she was very concerned that building with cob there might
fall victim to the dreaded Northcosast Black Mold.  What you say gives
promise to this as not being a problem.  Can you say more ?  What is the
source of this position re mold & cob & is it actually proven to not be
succeptable to interior mold in such cold & damp marine climates as found in
maritime N. Calif. & (I guess) even further North?

I enjoy your always informative contribution to the list.

Regards,
john fordice
TCCP