Cob: terra cotta pipes

phil phawn1 at excite.com
Wed Jan 29 08:57:15 CST 2003

I haven't researched the idea further than thinking it would work. I believe that pipe comes in six inch diameters.

Tha floor would be eight inch terra cotta tiles in a bed of sand six to ten inches thick under which is a base of gravel. There would also be a cob wall (kitchen counter) at the edge of the floor area within the suns reach that could also transfer heat to a pipe system.

Still in the early planning stages. I have three more books on passive solar to read.

Phil